Mattel puts end to search for real-life Barbie

A CAMPAIGN to find Australia’s real-life Barbie has been shut down by the iconic doll’s creators.

The Sunday Mail has learnt that an Australian licensee of Mattel has been given a dressing down after issuing a casting call without the permission of the plastic doll’s international manufacturer.

The advertisement, which bore the Mattel name, called for tanned Queensland women, size six to 10, and 25 years or under, to apply for the role. The successful candidate was also required to have Barbie’s trademark blonde locks, be no shorter than 170cm, have a perfect face and teeth, and be able to speak with an American accent.

“You will need to have the right personality to become Mattel’s Barbie,” the casting call said.

It was issued on online audition noticeboard StarNow on September 18 but pulled last week after Mattel Australia was contacted by The Sunday Mail.

Gretta Addison of Mattel Australia said the casting call had been issued by a licensee partner.

“This was not posted by Mattel. It was a partner of Mattel who manages specific promotions and we are working with them to understand why this was posted,” Ms Addison said.

“And, in fact, when we cast Barbie models around the world, while we do look for young women and men to play Barbie and Ken who have some resemblance to the local image, we are looking for clever, fun actors who relate to children and understand how to interpret the brand.”

In place of the advertisement was a one line message: This listing has been temporarily removed by StarNow staff for further review.

The popular plastic fashion doll was launched by Mattel in 1959 and her “life” has been controversial. She has been criticised for promoting an unrealistic body image for young women with estimates putting her body mass index at 16.24, anorexic by health standards.

 

(Please note: We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Advertisements

FOUR! Two Women Charged With Baring Breasts On Golf Course

Toplessgolf

Alicia Binford (left) and Shelly Lewis were arrested after allegedly popping their tops on the golf course.

Illinois golfers were given a double bogey on Monday afternoon, as two blondes reportedly flashed them in broad daylight on the golf course.

Alicia Binford, 43, and Shelly Lewis, 45 were arrested and charged with public indecency.

Madison County sheriff’s deputies responded to the Woodlands Golf Course at about 2 p.m. on a citizen complaint call, KMOV reported.

Binford and Lewis had allegedly exposed their “sexual organs,” according to the complaint, though deputies deemed the “sexual organs” to be breasts. Both women, from O’Fallon, Missouri, were taken to jail on a $100 bond.

There are reports that the exposure may have stemmed from a private group of golfers that host a naked — and illegal — golf tournament on the course once a year, according to the The Telegraph.

“The women were actually naked, straddling the hole as the guys putted on the green,” witness Spencer Olin told the paper.

 

(Please Note: We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Angry Father Bites Off 6-Year-Old Son’s Penis

WARNING: the following story includes disturbing content and may not be suitable for children.

Doctors in Shenzhen, China have reattached a 6-year-old boy’s penis after his father reportedly bit it off, the Shanghai Daily reports.

According to the paper, witnesses claim that the 32-year-old unidentified father was walking with his completely naked son and 4-year-old daughter on the street Thursday when he commanded the boy to bite his penis.

When the boy refused, the man attacked him.

Horrified passersby subdued the man, forced him to spit out his son’s penis, and called the police, China Buzz states according to local news reports in China.

The boy’s reattachment surgery was successful, but it is too early to tell if he will have normal use of the apendage. The Shanghai Daily reports relatives will care for the boy’s sister.

Cops say that the father is likely to have a mental illness — he was recently seen pretending to strangle his son on their balcony, according to witnesses. Police also found that the man, who was only identified by the surname Yu, was severely in debt after a failed business venture and was often seen gambling.

The horrific story is just one of several involving male genitalia in the past year.

Last year, 53-year-old Arun Sandhukha died after rats bit off his penis at a hospital in India.

According to Asia Age, he was found in a pool of blood by his family who had come to visit him.

“No nurse was found at the scene and he was writhing in pain. His penis had been nibbled by rats,” Sandhukha relative told the paper.

 

 

(Please Note: We take no credit for this story. All information can be found here!)