Putting a can of pop in a freezer may seem like the best short-term fix to enjoy an ice-cold drink.
But for one young boy in China, he will forever remember the day he did it.
On taking a can of cola out of the freezer after a few hours, the can exploded causing horrible injuries.
The can exploded sending aluminum shrapnel into the boys face, cutting into his skin.
He ended up with 38 stitches on the lower part of his face, including seven on the inside of the mouth, and was lucky to avoid more serious injuries.
When a can of fizzy drink is frozen, the volume inside the package expands, and the carbon dioxide gas is squeezed out as it solidifies.
Thankfully most of the time, the ‘explosion’ will happen when the can is still in the freezer, with the a somewhat mishaped can and a sticky liquid being the end product.
However, things for this young boy didn’t end so well.
But far from hide away, the boys mother has taken to social networking website Weibo to post pictures of the horrible accident, warning others of the dangers of putting fizzy drinks in the freezer.