Worker Cooked In Tuna Oven

SANTA FE SPRINGS  — Authorities say a 62-year-old employee was cooked to death at a Southern California seafood plant for tuna maker Bumble Bee Foods.

The Whittier Daily News reports Jose Melena was found Thursday shortly before 7 a.m. at the plant in Santa Fe Springs.

California Division of Occupational Safety and Health spokeswoman Erika Monterroza says it’s unclear how the man ended up inside a cooking device called a “steamer machine.”

The state department has launched an investigation into the accident.

In a written statement, Bumble Bee Foods spokesman Pat Menke expressed condolences to Melena’s family and says operations at the canning facility will be suspended at the plant until Monday.

 

(Please Note, we take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Snakes Alive! Frightening Find In Kitchen

 

 

A woman who reached into her cutlery drawer had a big shock when instead of a spoon she found a snake curled up inside.

The woman had been making a cup of tea at her home in Aberdeen.

She rang the police, who called in the Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which is now caring for the red, black and brown striped milk snake at its centre in Drumoak.

It is thought that the reptile, which staff have named Spooner, is a pet which may have escaped from somewhere nearby.

Animal rescue officer Lynne Craib said: “The poor woman got a real fright when she reached into the drawer to grab a teaspoon and found Spooner the snake instead.

“Spooner is in good condition, so we think he has been someone’s pet until recently.

“Snakes need heat to survive and it was quite warm in the lady’s kitchen, so that may be why Spooner went inside the drawer.

“We’ve rescued snakes from all sorts of unusual places over the last few months, including behind a washing machine and around a lamppost, but this is the first one found in a cutlery drawer.

“Snakes are really good escape artists, so there’s every chance Spooner has an owner nearby who is missing him.”

The snake was found on Friday. Milk snakes are not dangerous to humans.

 

(Please note we take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Chef slow cooked his wife’s body, dumped it out as kitchen waste

In a taped interview played in court Tuesday, a Southern California chef on trial for allegedly killing his wife told police he slow cooked her body then dumped it out as kitchen waste.

Dawn Viens disappeared in 2009 and police identified her husband David – the chef at the former Thyme Café in Torrance – as a prime suspect.

In 2011, investigators dug up the Thyme Café, which Dawn co-owned, searching for her body. But in a taped interview played Tuesday in court, David Viens seemed to tell police why her remains may never be found.

“I took some, some things like weights that we use and I put them on the top of her body, and I just slowly cooked it and I ended up cooking her for four days,” Viens said on tape.

Documents: Read David Viens’ Interview With Deputies

Viens claimed he argued with his wife, then bound her arms and feet and duct-taped her mouth shut. He said he panicked when he found her dead the next morning.

Viens claimed he stuffed his wife’s 105-pound body in a drum and disposed of the remains as if it was kitchen waste.

“I came up with the idea of cleaning the grease traps and commingling in the, the excess, the excess protein,” he could be heard saying on the tape.

David Viens told police he recovered Dawn’s skull and jawbone and hid them in his mother’s attic. Investigators say they never recovered any body parts.

 

(Click here for video about this story)

(Please note : We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

38 stitches in his face after opening ice cold can explodes

Putting a can of pop in a freezer may seem like the best short-term fix to enjoy an ice-cold drink.

But for one young boy in China, he will forever remember the day he did it.

On taking a can of cola out of the freezer after a few hours, the can exploded causing horrible injuries.

Scarred: A young boy required 38 stitches after opening a can of cola that had been in the freezerScarred: A young boy required 38 stitches after opening a can of cola that had been in the freezer

The can exploded sending aluminum shrapnel into the boys face, cutting into his skin.

He ended up with 38 stitches on the lower part of his face, including seven on the inside of the mouth, and was lucky to avoid more serious injuries.

When a can of fizzy drink is frozen, the volume inside the package expands, and the carbon dioxide gas is squeezed out as it solidifies.

Dangerous: When a can is frozen, the carbon dioxide inside is put under intense pressureDangerous: When a can is frozen, the carbon dioxide inside is put under intense pressure

Thankfully most of the time, the ‘explosion’ will happen when the can is still in the freezer, with the a somewhat mishaped can and a sticky liquid being the end product.

However, things for this young boy didn’t end so well.

But far from hide away, the boys mother has taken to social networking website Weibo to post pictures of the horrible accident, warning others of the dangers of putting fizzy drinks in the freezer.

(We Take NO Credit For This Story. All information is from here!)

Minnesota man charged with burrito assault

AUSTIN, Minn. — After tossing a burrito at a woman on Tuesday night, an Adams, Minn., man was charged in Mower County District Court with gross misdemeanor domestic assault.

Troy Hansen also was re-sentenced for a probation violation on a gross misdemeanor DWI conviction from July and sentenced to 180 days in jail.

According to court documents:

Adams police and a Mower County sheriff’s deputy went to the 100 block of Fourth Street NW in Adams after 9 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a domestic dispute. When they arrived, they discovered Hansen had allegedly thrown a burrito at the woman; toppings were still on her head and right shoulder.

The court complaint states Hansen asked the woman for a cigarette and got angry when she refused. He then dumped her plate off the bed and threw her cooked burrito, which struck her in the head. The complaint does not state that the victim was burned, but she said she was scared.

Hansen admitted he had about six pints of beer, was given a breath test and registered a .254 blood-alcohol content, the complaint adds. He was arrested for domestic assault. A review of his record shows a previous conviction for third-degree domestic assault in June 2009.

 

(We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

crows blamed for ‘suspicious powder’ scare

EDMONDS, Wash. — A fire spokeswoman says blame the crows for a “suspicious powder” scare at Washington state intersection that detoured traffic for more than an hour.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes tells The Daily Herald (http://is.gd/Fs8yKM) that a hazardous materials team responded Tuesday to a report about an unknown white powder in the roadway in the town of Edmonds.

A witness finally told the crew that a couple of crows were to blame. Hynes says a woman was going jogging when she noticed the birds dragging a bag of white flour.

Hynes says the woman took the bag away from the birds, put it in a garbage can and kept running. It took firefighters about an hour to clear the scene.

Says Hynes: “Two crows and a two-alarm hazmat incident.”

“We take No Credit for this story. All Information from: The Daily Herald..

Ohio candy thief targets mostly peanut butter cups

 

LORAIN, Ohio — Police in northern Ohio are trying to identify a candy thief who has stolen hundreds of dollars in peanut butter cups from a gas station store.

Employees reported that a young man usually comes in after midnight, snatches Reese’s peanut butter cups and exits the store before they can call police. The workers say the candy stolen over the past few months was worth $400 to $600.

The Morning Journal ( http://bit.ly/N8f3yg) reports the latest theft happened early Tuesday morning. A police report indicates the man stole peanut butter cups and went for a saltier snack, grabbing a bag of chips. He was dressed in black clothing, with a hooded sweatshirt over his head.

A clerk says he tried to stop the thief, who spun him around and fled on foot.

(Please Note: We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)