Worker Cooked In Tuna Oven

SANTA FE SPRINGS  — Authorities say a 62-year-old employee was cooked to death at a Southern California seafood plant for tuna maker Bumble Bee Foods.

The Whittier Daily News reports Jose Melena was found Thursday shortly before 7 a.m. at the plant in Santa Fe Springs.

California Division of Occupational Safety and Health spokeswoman Erika Monterroza says it’s unclear how the man ended up inside a cooking device called a “steamer machine.”

The state department has launched an investigation into the accident.

In a written statement, Bumble Bee Foods spokesman Pat Menke expressed condolences to Melena’s family and says operations at the canning facility will be suspended at the plant until Monday.

 

(Please Note, we take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Advertisements

Massive Apartment Fire Started By Man Cooking a Squirrel With a Blow Torch

Squirrel Eating Torch Fire Apartment

Hope he likes his squirrel well-done.

A fire that ravaged an apartment complex in Holland Township, Mich. reportedly started because a resident was a little clumsy with a propane blowtorch, which he was using to prepare a squirrel carcass for eating.

The blaze started at about 12:30 pm Wednesday, Michigan Live reports. The resident was on his third-floor patio, using the torch to singe the fur off the dead animal, when he accidentally ignited the deck.

The flames rapidly got out of control and spread to the roof, according to Wood TV. Ultimately, eight apartments were destroyed, several more sustained significant damage, and the roof of the apartment complex caved in.

The Lansing State Journal reports that the American Red Cross is providing assistance to the dozen families who have been left homeless.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Squirrel torched to eat; apts destroyed

(Please Note: We take No credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Funeral Director’s License Suspended After He Dismembers Body

Ellenberg Funeral Services on Highway 81 in Loganville closed down almost as quickly as it opened. It is now being reported that the owner, William B. Ellenger III, has had his licenses suspended following a series of bizarre incidents.

According to CBS Atlanta, Ellenberg, who also is the owner of Metro Embalming and Crematory in Conyers, had his license suspended after it was reported that he dismembered an 800-pound body in the Conyers location in order to fit it into the crematory. Conyers police investigated and reported it is not a crime to do so. Permission needs to be sought from the family first, though, and it is reported that Ellenberg did not do so.

Ellenberg appeared on a large billboard on Highway 78 in Loganville earlier in the year advertising the opening of Ellenberg Funeral Services in Loganville. However, it wasn’t open long before it was found to no longer be in operation. CBS Atlanta reports that Walton County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a suicide attempt by Ellenberg on Aug. 15 when he allegedly shot himself in the leg. He also is reported to have threatened the life of a former business partner.

Ellenberg’s license was suspended on Sept. 20, but he can appeal the ruling. Ellenberg told CBS Atlanta that his troubles are the result of a woman scorned – the former business partner with whom he reportedly had a relationship at one time.

 

(Please note: We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

crows blamed for ‘suspicious powder’ scare

EDMONDS, Wash. — A fire spokeswoman says blame the crows for a “suspicious powder” scare at Washington state intersection that detoured traffic for more than an hour.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes tells The Daily Herald (http://is.gd/Fs8yKM) that a hazardous materials team responded Tuesday to a report about an unknown white powder in the roadway in the town of Edmonds.

A witness finally told the crew that a couple of crows were to blame. Hynes says a woman was going jogging when she noticed the birds dragging a bag of white flour.

Hynes says the woman took the bag away from the birds, put it in a garbage can and kept running. It took firefighters about an hour to clear the scene.

Says Hynes: “Two crows and a two-alarm hazmat incident.”

“We take No Credit for this story. All Information from: The Daily Herald..