Worker Cooked In Tuna Oven

SANTA FE SPRINGS  — Authorities say a 62-year-old employee was cooked to death at a Southern California seafood plant for tuna maker Bumble Bee Foods.

The Whittier Daily News reports Jose Melena was found Thursday shortly before 7 a.m. at the plant in Santa Fe Springs.

California Division of Occupational Safety and Health spokeswoman Erika Monterroza says it’s unclear how the man ended up inside a cooking device called a “steamer machine.”

The state department has launched an investigation into the accident.

In a written statement, Bumble Bee Foods spokesman Pat Menke expressed condolences to Melena’s family and says operations at the canning facility will be suspended at the plant until Monday.

 

(Please Note, we take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)

Advertisements

Kentucky woman glued to Walmart toilet seat

A bathroom break turned embarrassing and painful for a Kentucky woman Tuesday.

Monticello city officials told ABC Action News the woman went to use a toilet in the local Walmart when she realized she was stuck to the seat.

It was later determined the seat was covered in Super Glue.

According to the website, the woman was stuck inside the restroom for nearly an hour.

Police are now investigating the incident.

“We’re looking at it. Right now, I wouldn’t be prepared to say which way it was — accident or intention,” the city’s police chief Ralph Miniard told ABC Action News.com.

This isn’t the first time someone was glued to a toilet seat at a Walmart, ABC Action News says.

A man got stuck to a toilet at a Maryland Walmart on March 31, the result of an April Fool’s Day prank.

Putting Super Glue on a toilet is considered a crime, and the perpetrator could face second-degree assault charges, Lt. Matthew Donnelly of the Elkton police department said.

 

(Please Note: We take NO credit for this story. All information is from the following site!)

Bullet explodes in woman’s handbag while she shops

A shopper at Lowe’s, 701 N. Loyalsock Ave., Montoursville, had to take a trip to the hospital on Sunday afternoon, following a freak accident in which a bullet apparently exploded in her purse as she was in the store, according to Montoursville Deputy Police Chief Jason Bentley.

“She did not have a gun in her purse or on her,” Bentley said, adding that the woman, whose identity was not released, was not aware that she had two or three bullets in her purse.

“Something must of hit the primer of one of the bullets,” Bentley said. “The bullet stayed in the purse, but its casing put a hole in the purse and caused a minor leg wound,” he added.

The incident occurred about 2 p.m., but the woman did not seek treatment at the Williamsport Regional Medical Center until about 5 p.m., after her son encouraged to do so.

The 56-year-old woman, who lives in the Williamsport area, later was discharged, Bentley said.

 

(Please Note: We take NO credit for this story. All information is from here!)